Saturday, April 22, 2006

Because of the Cherries...

Ok, so now I'm blogging.
This is all because of the Cherries.
I started out just enjoying reading Jenny Crusie books. Then I decided to go online to see what else she had written. Of course, I found this beautiful website, www.jennycrusie.com. I cruised all around it and found a link to the fan site, hosted on Yahoo. It was for Jenny's fan club, the Cherries. I just HAD to check it out.

Well, that place was just so warm and friendly that I ended up spending WAAAAAAY too much time there. Then one of the Cherries, Robin, asked for help with an ebay project. I know ebay, so I volunteered. The past few days have been full of frantic listing on ebay, trying to get everything ready for the auctions that start tomorrow. The auctions are to benefit another Cherry, Michele. Michele was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Since my own mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor, this made me want to help even more.

Michele's wonderful friend, Kim, sent me tan e-mail today that made me cry. She thanked me for helping. I tried explaining that *I* was the one that should be thanking them, for letting me help, and actually feel useful. There are not too many situations where a thorough knowledge of your favorite shopping experience (EBAY) is very helpful to anyone (except your 13 year old daughter desperate for *Tommy* wear). So this is a chance for me to use what I know to help someone that needs it. *I* am the one that gets to give the thanks around here.

Kim sent me a link to her blog, because there is a picture of Michele listed there. I checked out the link. I wanted to just post a comment telling Kim that I was here, but I had to register. Before I knew it, I had myself signed up for my very own blog.

So again, this is all because of the Cherries...
See what I mean?

Anyhow, that's all for tonight. Hopefully this will get posted, even though we're in the middle of a thunderstorm and I'm watching my transmit light on my DirecWay satellite box blink at me. I'm hopeful though.
Hey, what can go wrong?

After all, I'm a Cherry too... :)

1 comment:

Cherry Red said...

Hey! Great blog, Dee! I love the colors too. "Because of the Cherries" indeed. Because of the Cherries I have been blessed with so many good things. I'm so grateful that I met a few members of JCF online one day and they invited me to join. It all mushroomed from there.

Thank you again for all your help. Because of you, we were able to get everything we'd dreamed of for the fundraiser, actually up and running.

Hugs,
Kim:)