Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day Five - A Real WINNER



This is just short and sweet, because I want to head back downstairs to the party, but I wanted to let you all know that...

ADIOS TO MY OLD LIFE, by Caridad Ferrer, won the RITA Award for Best Contemporary Single Title!

There were many other winners, for many other awards, of course. They are all special and brilliant and wonderful. I will announce them all later. I'm not trying to slight any of them, or make it seem like this win is any better than any of the others.

It is, however, MUCH more personal. My oldest daughter, Gret, LOVES this book. She's passed it around to her friends, and they LOVE this book. Beyond it being a fave of most every teenaged girl I know though, it's also one of my faves.

As many of you moms may know, it's hard to find a book that you feel comfortable handing to your young adult. Gret is 15, and while that means she is no longer a baby, she's not a grown-up either. I handed this book to her with a smile.

THANK YOU Caridad, for writing a book that I could hand to one of my favorite chicks. She's waited a while to read something by a Cherry.


CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN. YOU SO VERY MUCH DESERVE IT!!!!!

6 comments:

Keziah Fenton said...

Omigosh, I LOVE this book. Please give her a great big hug from me and tell Barb how thrilled I am. I swear I've bought more copies of that book to give away. It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. I'm so happy.

Cherry Red said...

Yay Barb (Caridad)!!!

My poor husband had to listen to me prattle on all night long about Barb and Adios and all the drama it took just to get the poor little book entered in the first place!

I'm beyond the moon happy for Barb. Adios is a wonderful book. WHo knew a YA book would end up being one of my very favorite books? I can't wait tll I find a YA-aged reader to give it to. I keep reccommending it to adults!

I hope you gave Barb a great big hug for all of us who had to stay home.

Oh! ANd Bettina won and so did Marilyn. Go cherries!

Kim:)

ZaZa said...

Yay, Barb! She's such a fun person and such a great writer. If anyone deserves the win, it's her. Better go over and do my squeee on her blog.

Anonymous said...

It was absolutely my pleasure to write this book for you and Gret and all the other mothers and daughters who've embraced this book together. All I wanted to do, from the get go, was write a good book. The pretty gold lady is absolutely the cherry on the sundae, but the super-duper rich ice cream base is the number of people I've had come up to me or email me and say, "Both me and my daughter really loved this book."

That's what it's all about, you know?

Blame It on Paris said...

Congratulations, "Caridad" !! Good for you!

Dee, did you get my emails about Saturday?

Thanks!

Laura F.

Cherry Red said...

Dee,

WHere are you? I miss you! I hope all is well with you and yours.

Hugs,
Kim