Friday, April 13, 2007

Check THIS out!

Having a book review blog has been wonderful in so many ways. Let me explain.

- I have an excuse to read any book I want to read

- I have a reason to be on the computer, typing up a Dish on a book

- I have an excuse to read any book I want to read

- I get to run fun contests that people from all over the world enter

- I have an excuse to read any book I want to read

Are you getting the main reason I love having the review blog? YES - I get to read any book I want to read. Ok, ok, probably, knowing my wonderful husband (and some of you DO know him. So.) you know I probably don't need an excuse to read any books. But it's nice to be able to say to the kids "Shhh, mommy HAS to get this book read so I can review it. This is for WORK". Yeah, right. Things like that happen.

Perhaps one of the most surprising benefits from the blog has got to be having the opportunity to meet some wonderful authors. Last month, I got to have lunch with Lani Diane Rich in Maryland. I was so psyched, because Lani is one of my favoritest authors ever. And she's one of those cool people that always has time to answer a question from a less experienced writer. I just love her! Well, she brought her friend Sam along to the lunch, and Sam is also a writer. Sam wrote this book called SIGHT UNSEEN, and it's out in stores this very month. So, you need to get out there to the store and grab this book, and read it. Or, drop in to the book review blog and tell us how much you want to read it. You might even win yourself a copy of the book! Doesn't it just look FABulous though?


Clues only this psychic can see
Can an art thief earn an honest living? Raven Callahan does, with the help of a rare psychic power that lets her read the emotions locked inside ancient objects. But when her partner is kidnapped and Raven is forced to steal a priceless masterpiece to save him, ESP take a backseat to quick wits, steely nerves, and the lethal skills she needs to survive.

A Killer only this cop can catch
Ex-cop Dax Maddox made just one mistake on the job, but it took a young rookie's life and cost Dax his ability to see color. Now stalking a killer brings Raven into his life - and floods his gray world with vivid and conflicting emotions: anger and lust, suspicion and awe. Are the criminals they seek one and the same? If so, Dax and Raven's growing need for each other could inspire a madman's terrifying scheme for the ultimate revenge.

No comments: