Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ahem. Time for a new post, huh?

Well, I have nothing to say. No, really, I mean it. I am out of words. Sorry.

Why has it been so long since I've blogged? I don't know. Really I don't. I just haven't had anything to say.

I've been working, way more than I want to work. We have a training coordinator and 4 trainers at the restaurant. Well, we had 4 trainers. One of them quit. One of them was on vacation. One of them has a lot of personal issues. And the coordinator was gone for a week. So yeah, that left ME working, more than I'm used to working. I know, I know, many of you have full time jobs and you still manage to blog. But I'm not you. I'm not used to being out of my home so much. I'm not used to coming home so tired, and being so frazzled. This job is supposed to be mindless. It's just biscuits and gravy. Ok, it's also chicken-n-dumplins, and meatloaf. But really, just biscuits-n-gravy. Not brain surgery. Not taxes. But I feel like I've had a lobotomy and been well and truly taxed. Ugh.

I haven't been writing. Not here. Not on my book. Not on anything. I feel all of this stuff, stored up inside of me. I want to let it out. I need to let it out. But I can't make the time to do it. I'm just too tired. And that makes me sad. And mad.

I have some friends that are going through some shtuff. Yeah. Bad things are a-happenin' in their home. Not baad, like brawls and diseases and deaths, but still, bad enough. They are sad, and mad, and sick of being together. This makes me sad. So I've been trying to spend lots of time with them, trying to remind them why they got married, trying to get them to feel the love, instead of all of the petty stuff that they've been feeling.

I miss my Grams. I miss my brother. They are out in Oklahoma and New Orleans, of course. Not here. Nowhere close to here. Very far away. It's been over a year since I've seen my Grams. It's been over a year since I've seen my brother. That's just way too long. So, I've made plans to change that. I'm taking that beautiful daughter that you all saw for weeks on a road trip next month. We're heading down to the Big Easy, for Mardi Gras, to visit the lil' bro. I'm leaving her there for a while. While she's gone, I'll be off work. Then, in May, I'm taking the whole fam out to see Grams.

I haven't heard back about that job I mentioned. This makes me sad. But still, if there is one job that has nothing to do with the food biz, then there are more, right? I'm clinging to this thought right now, as my feet throb out their angst at being beneath my winter-bloated body for way too many hours today. I really want to be out of the slinging-hash(browns) business forever. Maybe, if I can ever finish the book, I can get it sold and won't have to be a waitress anymore. Now, please don't start bursting my bubble by telling me how many people dream of the very same thing and it never happens. I just don't want to hear you. Wanna know why? Because frankly - I don't care. I'm going to beat the odds. I'm going to finish the damn book. Then I'm going to finish the other one. Then the other one. Then I'm going to sell one of them. Then the others. Then I won't ever have to ask, "Would you care to try some coca-cola cake today?" ever again. Ever. Don't even DARE tell me it won't happen, because if you do, I'll just stick my tongue out at you and put my fingers in my ears, and roll my eyes, until you mutter "So childish!" under your breath and click right off of my blog.

That's what I'm feeling. That's where I've been. That's what I'm going to do.

Any questions?

Nah. Didn't think so.

3 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

Oh sweety, I'm so sorry you are sad about so many things. Be childish, it's okay, 'cause you CAN do it. Forget that, you WILL do it!

Luvs

Michelle said...

No bubble-burstin' here! It never happens because people don't follow through. DO IT! Follow your dreams and then whatever happens happens. At least you will be able to say you gave it your all.

Oh, and I'm so glad you'll get some family visiting in soon. Just be VERY careful in NO. I'm sure your brother will take good care of your little girl, but it still makes me nervous. Heck, I'm just chicken. NO made me nervous around Mardi Gras before all of this. *cluck!*
Have a great time!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

I hope you are no longer sad. It sounds like fun for you and DD to go to NO if your brother is there. I hope all goes well.

As for your writing you will get to it when you feel better. Do the best you can and I am sure that will be marvelous. That is all anyone can ask.

Take care and know there are a lot of people that love you, sweetheart.