Monday, July 28, 2008

An e-mail I just sent out...

Some thoughts, before I head out to SanFran and Nationals...

Is it really tomorrow that we are going to be AWAY?
Can I possibly wait that long?
Will my kids actually eat the food that I bought, or will Dad just order pizza for five straight days? And does it really matter?
Should I bring comfy shoes, or the FMPs?
How many purses will fit in my suitcase?
Is there a limit on the amount of chocolate I'm allowed to buy and mail from Ghirardelli's?
Was I right to go with RED for my nails?
Why can't they do the agent appointments on Tuesday, so my stomach might actually calm down and be ok for the rest of the conference?
What kind of speech does my roomie have for when she wins her award?
Is it possible for my butt to look any bigger in my favorite capris?
How strict are the airlines on the size of a carry-on?
Will I have to UPS my clothes home to make room for all of the books again this year?
Why does my flight leave before the sun even wakes up?
Do I really plan on sleeping tonight?
Is it really TOMORROW that we are going to be away?!?

These are just a few of the questions screaming through my mind right now.
What's going through yours?

7 comments:

Sheri said...

So it IS you! You are the Dee that Cory listed as going to the dinner?!! Awesome! I am worried about traffic and parking and getting there on time and meeting everyone and not acting stupid--just little stuff like that... And wishing I could go to the book signing but I can only just get so much time off from work!

The Merry said...

You know, before you buy the chocolate, you really should test it. You might need to test it rather a lot, just to be sure ;)

You're going to have a wonderful time in San Francisco! I hope we get a chance for a CB meet, but you're going to have a FABulous time in any case!

Anonymous said...

Yarrgh! And the not-so-little-but-not-yet-16-one and I are in Mammoth for 2 weeks!

A friend of ours was in town last week and we went to Ghirardelli Square. Don't worry dear, your credit limit will kick in before its too much to ship home: we spent $50 on those little square choco-thingys and it all fit in this tiny little bag! Get the double-chocolate espresso ones! MMmmmmm!

Oh and I hope you packed the FMPs (we call 'em CFMs out here though, if you get funny looks at the TLA....), but don't walk the hills in them! That's what taxi's and BF's Lambourghini's are for!

Next time....

XOXO,
Buffy

Anonymous said...

You are going to knock them off whatever they are sitting on!
Yes, you are really that good and soon everyone will know what we have known all along.

shane said...

Personally, I have a thing for the FMP's but that's just me...

Anonymous said...

You are home safe and sound....right?

Anonymous said...

Well, it is just about 6 months since we have had an update..
trust all is well with you and yours.