Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh how I love thee...

I just adore my husband. No, I mean it, I really do. In addition to the way he is with all of our children, he's a really good man. He takes the time to do things like send me e-mails that are waiting for me as soon as I log on in the mornings, that say things like "You're beautiful and I love you", even though NOBODY in their right mind would think that if they saw me when I read those e-mails. He sends them from the train around 5:30am. Yes, that's before the sun comes up. He commutes 2 hours each way, because working in the city pays better than anything around here. Bigger pay means that *I* don't have to go to work. That means I get to stay home with our babies (ages 13,11,10,9,6,4), and I can homeschool them. He doesn't always like the commute, but he does it. He loves me that much.

I love getting to show him how much I love him. Like tonight. He teaches a computer security class for the SANS Institute on Mondays. Tonight, as I was getting ready for bed, he called. His truck broke down on the way home. It was after 9:30pm. He was 70 miles from home. Did he whine or complain? Not MY man. He just told me his class was great, and his truck was dead, and asked if I'd mind coming to get him. Would I mind? Is he crazy??? So, after getting dressed again, and searching mapblast to see where he was, off I went. I found him, we tried jumper cables on the truck, nothing worked. So he just hopped in the van and we drove home. He didn't complain about his truck, or about how late it was. He just said I looked beautiful, and he loved me, and he was glad to see me. Besides seriously thinking the man needs new glasses, I really can't think of a single thing wrong with him.

Now, he's not perfect, by any means. After all, he IS a man. But man, that man just loves me.

I am one lucky lady.

And very, very tired.

Good night, sweet world.

3 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

Hi Dee! I was reading the comments on the HW/SW blog and saw your name in blue, clicked it and found your blog! I have you bookmarked, baby! Can you feel the pressure? LOL

Charity Cherry Tea

dee said...

Oh MAN! I'm bookmarked? That's it. Now I'm done for. I'll have to try to be 'witty' all the time!
LOVE YA, Char-i-tee!!

Wigged Out said...

He sounds very, VERY sweet! Not to bitch or moan about breaking down in the middle of the night! Wow.

And I so love those noble men who just dig down and do what has to be done for their family's best interest.

Hey, did you get him on Ebay? Is there a listing for "saints"?

;-)