Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Keeper of The Nuts...



Linda Howard is an amazing woman. Cows and hay bailing aside, she finds the time to write some fantastic books. From her telling of it, finding the time isn't always easy, since she lives in a house full of crazies.

Does it sometimes feel like that for you? I know it does for me. I adore all six of my perfectly wonderful children. I couldn't write a better husband than the one that I am blessed to have. But really? Some days, it feels like I am the lone beacon of sanity in my otherwise crazy house.

Because really, is it so hard to do dishes? Or put things back where you found them? Or fold your clothes once in a while?

But then other days, like today, I remember something else.

In the midst of the craziness, one of my children will rub my feet. Or fix me The Perfect Cup of Coffee. Or my husband will install something incredible in the house or on my computer. Someone will hold my hand, or crawl into my lap, or just lean over and whisper "I LOVE YOU" in my ear.

On days like that, no matter that the dishes aren't done, or laundry has literally taken over the basement, I can't stop smiling.

And always, Always, I am encouraged to WRITE.

So I will follow Ms. Howard's advice, and just Hang In There. With my head staring down at my keyboard, I may not even notice the dishes. :)

Oldest Girl Child arrived today. She rode the subway from Chinatown to here. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life! When I met her, she said she'd have liked to stay down there all day, just to people watch. It amazes me sometimes that she's not a writer.

We had lunch, listened to the Very Inspirational Keynote, and are now chilling int he room. I'm off to hear a Workshop on I.C.E., since that is where The Man is currently working. I want to get the inside scoop on his job, since he can't tell me a darned thing. After that, I'm headed (quickly) to the Avon signing, then to hear Sister Krissie talk about dark heroes. Ooh la la.


I'll Keep You Posted!

No comments: