Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's TWO-FER-TUESDAY!!

That means that I post twice. Yeah, I've been slacking lately, but I'm trying to be better while we work through this double-mortgage-no-money-hafta-work-a-million-hours-a-week-and-no-time-to-write phase of my life. I got this from Char's blog I thought it was cute, so decided to make it my two-fer post. Now you get to learn a bit more about me, like that's all sooo interesting, and I hopefully get to learn a bit more about you when you put this on your own blog. When you do, post a link in my comments section so I can go read.


1. FIRST NAME? Denise (dee works just fine though, thanks!)

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes. My Great uncle Dennis, who was KIA in Viet Nam. He was my mom's favorite, and he was declared MIA when she found out she was preggers.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last Night

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? 's okay

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Lebanon Bologna, the sweet kind

6. KIDS? Yes, 2 boys and 4 girls

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Well, sure. I'm ok most of the time, I hope.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yep, but I'm not so great about keeping it. I'm much better about my blog.

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Who, ME? Uh, of course not. I am totally not a sarcastic person. AS IF!!

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yeah.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? In a heartbeat. I've done the freefall thing at King's Dominion twice, and would love to do it from higher, if possible.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Capn Crunch

13. YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? What's the point?

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically? Yeah, I guess I'm no wimp. Emotionally, I am a ROCK, baby!

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? B&J New York Super Fudge Chunk

16. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their smile

17. RED OR PINK? Totally red. We're talking Scarlett O'Hara red here, ok? No pink for this chick!

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My lack of iron. It makes me too tired to do all that I want to do.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom.

20. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? Khaki hip-huggers, nothing on my tootsies

21. THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Blueberry muffin this morning at work

22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My husband yelling at the kids. They didn't do their chores today, so they are BUSTED!!

23. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Today? Blah Brown.

24. FAVORITE SMELL? The salt in the air when you get about 1/4 of a mile from the ocean. There is just something about that smell that puts me in a whole new frame of mind. I wish it could be bottled, it would be an instant sanity check for me.

25. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Kel

26. FAVORITE DRINK? Non-alcoholic - Propel Lemon water; Alcoholic - margaritas, rocks, lotsa salt

27. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Football, baby!

28. HAIR COLOR? Mostly brown. Though it has lots of colors in it. Lucy red when I'm preggers. Won't ever see that color again though.

29. EYE COLOR? Chocolate brown

30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Every single day

31. FAVORITE FOOD? Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green bean casserole, the way Mom always made when I needed it. Talk about Comfort Food!

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Underworld II

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Aquamarine tank from Old Navy.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, all the time. I LOVE the heat!!

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Uh, BOTH. Duh!!

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate mousse

37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Body of Lies by the GAM (Bob Mayer)

38. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one!

39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST ON TV LAST NIGHT? Nothing.

40. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Silence

41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beattles. But really, I'd rather hear Van.

42. THE FURTHEST YOU BEEN FROM HOME? Bahrain. Or maybe Oman. Or possibly Dubai. Not really sure. I'd have to check the map, and that just isn't happening right now.

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I'm with Char. I can tie that cherry stem like nobody's business, and have been able to do that for years (so can my three oldest. It's a family talent, I'm afraid to say!). I can also put all of my makeup on, in the dark, while driving to work, in a stick shift truck. If you need more talent than THAT, then I am just SOL.

44. WHEN WERE YOU BORN? July 1972

4 comments:

Wigged Out said...

17. RED OR PINK? Totally red. We're talking Scarlett O'Hara red here, ok? No pink for this chick!

Says the chick with the bright pink blog.

Fun to learn all these little factoids about you! And I adore Capn Crunch, too! Yum.

Chari-Dee said...

Way more fun facts than my own.

But I gotta tell you, you lost me on the - what was it you called it? - oh yeah, football?

Glad you had fun on this one. I always enjoy these kinds of e-mails.

dee said...

Lorraine, Yeah, I know, right? It was as close to Cherry as I could find. Pretty sad, huh?

Char, you can't tell me that your not a Chiefs fan?!? And I really thought we were kindred spirits, too! Honestly, like Mom always said... "The best thing about football is...the Tight Ends!" Yeah, Mom was practical, what can I say?

Chari-Dee said...

Not only am I a golf widow, but during football seasons, I lose one of my best friends to my husband for Fantasy Football. I have never been able to get into watching sports.

I do cheer for the Eagles, though I never watch their games. Been cheering for them for years now - long story. My friend (the one in FF w/ my hubby) has season tickets to the Chiefs this year and has already secured KU b-ball seasons. Sigh, I will never see my hubby when all of this gets started.

Stupid sports!