Monday, July 03, 2006

Invisi-girl

I'm not gonna be around here much the next few weeks. Just wanted to let you guys know that in advance.

I've got a birthday coming up on Saturday, and Gretchen turns 14 on Sunday. I'll be working LOTS of extra hours the next few days to save some cash for her IPOD. Also, we have King's Fest this weekend at King's Dominion.

In addition to that, I just got put in the "training" program at the restaurant. I'm going to be picking up lots of extra shifts because I want to be a trainer. My manager has agreed to help me out, but that means that I've got to spend a lot of extra time up there learning all sorts of thing for a while.

The upside is that I will be BUSY. I'll be working a lot, and making some cash, and cash is always nice in the summer. By August, I should have a bit saved for the NJ conference, and that's always good. Plus, I'll be learning more about a job that I really am starting to enjoy.

The down side is that I will be BUSY. That means that I will be reading less, so my new book blog site will be pretty lame for a while. I'm hoping that Charity will take pity on me and start posting some of her book reviews over there too. Also, I won't have much free time for spending all of the money that I make. This is good, actually!

I want to promise you guys that my writing is not going to suffer for this though. I promise to spend at least a little while each day in front of my computer with my WIP. I'm still in the DLD phase with the beach story, and it's going great. I really enjoy writing at night, but more work means more early mornings, which means less late nights, so I'll have to adjust.

Just send up some prayers for me, and I'll try to post a line or two every few days to let you know I'm still alive.

5 comments:

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Good luck with all you are doing. From what I hear you will need lots of cash at New Jersey since there are books galore to be had. Sheryl warned me that I will need my big bag for the books. :D

Try to take some time for yourself too.
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Dee
Happy Birthday to you. And Gert.

Chari-Dee said...

My goodness! Busy lady!!! I'll do a review and send it over to you via e-mail and you can post it. Always happy to help ;)

Happy B-day, doll! I'm right behind ya on the 15th. 30 her I come!

July is a good month. Just look at all the beauty born in the month!

Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

Wow! Sounds like you will be busy. As nerve-wracking as it can be, I find I do my best work when times are the craziest. Hope it goes as well for you.

Sheri said...

Happy bday Dee! Sierra turns 13 tomorrow--July is a good month! I hear that about being busy--I don't know which end is up this week! Have a great day!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Just wanted to let you know there is a new "Michael" story for you. Check it out.

Penny