Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wake up, Maggie, I think I got something to say!



This is another short one, but I really had to share.

Above, you will hopefully see a picture of a beautiful young miss. That is my Maggie. She turned 6 in February. She's my Sunshine and the light of my heart. This is the child that tells me all the time how much she loves me, is the first to say "Thank you" for every little kindness, and just generally re-affirms my thrill at being a momma. Now you know that I don't love her more, I just love her different. Just like the rest of them.

Today, we were on our way to town to pick up Shane from the train. I was telling Gret about this blog that I'd read. This author blogged about attending an event with a few "famous people", including one of her own favorite authors. She described the butterflies she felt upon meeting this man, how she kept babbling, and her general state of stalker-fanity. I thought it was hysterical at first, because this woman knows how to write, and is critically acclaimed in her own right. But she was nervous. She said something about feeling like a dork.

So I said something along the lines of: "Geez, if she's written those bestselling books, and people know who she is, and they love her writing and all, and SHE's a dork, then just what exactly does that make me?'

Maggie, with utter sincerity and without missing a single beat, said the absolute sweetest thing...

"Beautiful."

Now tell me, with fans like that around, how could you not just love them?

5 comments:

L&D said...

What a beautiful post. A real tribute. I loved it!

Chari-Dee said...

Dee - OMG, she is so beautiful!! And I gotta tell you, she looks an awful lot like my Miss Beautiful. Bear saw this pic this morning and said, "Wow! Abbee looks older in that picture." When I told him that wasn't sissy but my friend Dee's girl he looks at me and says, "I thought you were Dee."

So, instead of it being Shane who thinks you're the one that is sending yourself e-mail - it is my son who thinks I am.

Give her a hug, cause that little girl is too precious for words!

Sheri said...

Oh Dee, she is a beautiful child! And what a sweet thing to say--I got all teary reading it! I read it to MY beautiful daughter and she smiled and did the "Ahhhh" thing too! Aren't we the luckiest women alive to have such lovely girls?! I think we all need to just go hug them right now!

Cherry Red said...

Awww, Dee! What a cutie pie.

Kim:)

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Great idea Sheri. I am taking mine to brunch.

Dee, what a beautiful child and it sounds like she is inside too. What a delightful thing to say.

You must be doing something awfully right. :)