Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ok, I'm gonna do it too...

Yeah, everyone else has done the music meme thing, and I've been a slacker. Thanks to Kel's visit, I've been into music today. So I decided to do one too. Many thanks go to my darling husband, Shane, who sat patiently across the room from me while my iPod randomized my music, and put up with the first 2 lines of each song over and over while I typed. His only comment was "Geez, you listen to music like I watch tv." Yeah, I know. It made me laugh too!

So here you go... Dee's Twenty random iPod songs... you know the rules. Make a comment if you know the song and artist.

1) Lost man, turned 98 he won the lottery and died the next day - Ironic, Alanis (Charity)

2) I saw you standing hand in hand, and now you come to me the solitary man - The Smile Has Left Your Eyes, Asia (Kel)


3) If it seems like I've been lost in let's remember, you think I'm feeling older and missing my younger days - Keepin' The Faith, Billy Joel (Kel)

4) 18 years had come and gone, for momma they flew by but for me they drug on and on - Don't Forget To Remember Me, Carrie Underwood (JJen)

5) I've been looking so long at these pictures of you, that I almost believe that they're real - Pictures Of You, The Cure (Kel)


6) Now that we love, now that the lonely nights are over

7) We were born before the wind, oh so younger than the sun - Into The Mystic, VAN MORRISON (Charity)

8) Beautiful day, lights up the shore for me - High, James Blunt (Lori)


9) She was aware of her insecurities as she took the stage, she was convinced that if she got up there that she'd be discovered some day - Big Star, Kenny Chesney (Charity)

10) You say I only hear what I want to, and you say I talk so all the time, so - Stay, Lisa Loeb (Lori)

11) You say you want diamonds in a ring of gold, you say you want your story to remain untold - All I Want Is You, U2 (Kel, who was gonna be in BIG trouble if she didn't get this one!)

12) Give me something that I can believe in, and then I'll share it with the world for everyone to see


13) All work no play may have made Jack a dull boy, but all work no God has left Jack with a lost soul - American Dream, Casting Crowns (Lori)

14) I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick - Close To Me, The Cure (Kel)

15) The sun was shining, the sky was crying


16) Father hear my prayer, I need the perfect words, words that he will hear and know they're straight from you,

17) Some people live their dreams, some people close their eyes, some people's destiny passes by

18) She was drivin last Friday on her way to cincinati on a snow white Christmas eve - Jesus, Take the Wheel, Carrie Underwood (Charity)

19) Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again - LoveSong, The Cure (Kel)


20) He said I was in my early 40's with a lot of life before me, when a moment came that stopped me on a dime - Live Like You Were Dyin', Tim McGraw (Charity)

Ok, if you get these, you will know my very bizarre taste in music. You'll also get a glimpse inside my head, which is often a scary place to be. And ExtraExtra points to anyone that gets 12, 13 or 16!

9 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

I'm here first so I'm gonna be a hog about the songs.

1 - Ironic Alanis Morriset (spelled her name wrong pls don't dock points)

7 - Into the Mystic (Can't think of who sings my favorite version but it is on the Dream a Little Dream soundtrack)

9 - I THINK it is Big Star by Kenny Chesney (yes? No?)

18 - Jesus Take The Wheel - Kari Underwood (Once again sp)

20 - Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw (total hottie BTW if I could just look like Faith!)

and although I cannot think of the name or person the song #10 is going through my head so eventually I'll get it!!

And geez woman, your tastes in music are as varied as mine!

Happy Birtday Gret!

dee said...

WTG, Char!
1) Correct. My fave line from that song is "It's meeting the man of my dreams...and then meeting his beautiful wife" Oh so very true! Tell me that hasn't happened to you at least once...
7) The ONLY version worth mentioning is the one by Van. Sorry, all the others are just very cheap imitations.
9) Yes! Love that song. Gotta sing it at full volume!
18) Correct. That one just has so many layers to it. Really dig it.
20) Correct. My neighbor, also named Shane, looks just like Tim. Really freaky. Gret and I just realized this a few months back.We were totally drooling over Tim's pics on his cd, then I almost choked. "Oh My GAWD! Tell me he doesn't look just like Mr. Shane!" And Gret looked and said "Oh mom, that is just wrong on so many different levels!" Then I had to tell his wife that we'd been droolin over Tim, and it just went downhill from there. Luckily, she laughed about it. Still, I haven't looked at either one of them the same since!

dee said...

Lori,
Very very nice! 8, 10, and 13 area all correct! I'm kinda shocked that you got 13. It's one of my favorites.
And you've got the right artist for 5 & 19. Cool.

Kel~ said...

11) You say you want diamonds in a ring of gold, you say you want your story to remain untold

Actually it goes:
11) You say you want diamonds in a ring of gold, your story to remain untold
all the promises we made from the great earth to the rain and all i want is you....

All I want is you - U2

Kel~ said...

2) I saw you standing hand in hand, and now you come to me the solitary man

Asia - the smile has left your eyes

3) If it seems like I've been lost in let's remember, you think I'm feeling older and missing my younger days

Billy joel - keepin the faith

5.5) I've been looking so long at these pictures of you, that I almost believe that they're real

THE CURE - Pictures of You

19) Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again


LOVE SONG - the cure

14 I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick

Close to Me - the cure

Kel~ said...

ok now that i think about it, that is one part of the song tooo - all I want is you....remember when I sucked at this stuff?

Cherry Red said...

Oh! I just saw this. Haven't been around Bloggerland for a while. And after I typed up my answers,I looked up at the other comments and read that Kel beat me to all of them. ;)

#5 The Cure- Pictures of You
#14 The Cure- Close to me
#19 The Cure- Lovesong (Which we played as our second dance at our wedding)

And since those are the only ones that are familiar (and they are from my high school days) you've probably figured out what I looked like in high school. :)

Was it Gret's birthday? Happy birthday to a fellow moonchild!

Kim:)

dee said...

Lori,
No, it wasn't that YOU knew that it was Casting Crowns, it was that ANYONE knew it was Casting Crowns. I saw them last year, and you're right, they were totally amazing. It's the only concert I've ever been to where they had an altar call and a separate room set up with local Youth Leaders tohelp people that had just received Christ. Honestly, they are one of the most powerful groups in Christian music today, IMHO.

Kim, it was mine and Gret's birthdays. And yeah, I can only imagine what you looked like in HS - BEAUTIFUL, just like now!!

Kel, listen to that one again. I did. The very first two lines are You say you want diamonds..., you say you want your story..., but all the promises we made... . LATER in the song it says what you said. And you're right on all The Cure songs. But I think you totally cheated. ;>P And I really can't believe you got the Billy Joel one. Cool!

Kel~ said...

And you're right on all The Cure songs. But I think you totally cheated. ;>P And I really can't believe you got the Billy Joel one. Cool!

Ummmm, do we forget PR, what else was there to listen to and my sis is a billy joel fan who knew? Didn't toto do the africa song???