Saturday, July 08, 2006

You say it's your birthday...

It's my birthday too!!!!

Hey there, friends! It's been a few days, and I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to let you know a few things...

First of all, CHARITY did this totally amazing book review for me, and I posted it over on the DeeCeeTalksAboutBooks blog. Please go on over there and check it out. She did such a great job on this review that I want to go out and buy this book. Leave her some love in the comments!

Kel is currently off in North Carolina, getting her new place and meeting a chick that her hubby used to be "friends" with. I haven't heard from her in a few days. I'm hoping it's because she's busy and/or having fun, and not because she had to use her ONE PHONE CALL to call her mom or anything.

I saw two movies yesterday. I took the kids to see Pirates II yesterday morning. When the first one came out, we went to the first show on the first day. We tried that again this time, but the 10am show was SOLD OUT. So we went to the second show. It was really great, but totally set it up for a third. Still though, I thought it had a lot more character development in this one, and the outdoor scenes were just amazing. It made me miss Puerto Rico.

Shane took me to see The Lake House last night. Trying to make sense of that movie gave me a headache, it really did. I tried explaining it to Gret this morning, and she got a headache as well. Still though, if you just watch the movie, and don't sit there trying to make sense of how little sense it makes, it's not too bad. It had a sweet love story, and that was nice. It was cool to see Keanu and Sandra out of a bus. It had NO sex and NO violence, so it gets a HUGE thumbs up for me there. You just have to suspend reality, and try NOT to wrap your mind around the fact that it just couldn't happen, and you'll be fine. ***TINY SPOILER****I have no problem with the magical mailbox that allows these two people to correspond two years apart (he in 2004, she in 2006). I had a major problem with a plot point in which she tells him to NOT be at a place, but if he isn't at that place, then the movie just can't happen. It's just weird when you think about it, so if you go see the movie, DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. Ok?

I'm totally bummin' about not getting tickets to King's Fest. They sold out weeks ago, but I didn't know. Now I can't take Gret, and we're both a LOT bummed. So I'm taking her and her friends to The Melting Pot next weekend instead. I figure I would have spent at least that much on tickets and junk, so it all evens out, right?

Ok, now I have to get going. Our friend Kerri is taking the girls to a movie today, Shane is taking Mathew on a motorcycle ride, and I'm going fishing with Michael. If we catch anything, I'll post some pics. I should be on here later tonight, because I have some stuff that I really want to blog about. Hope you'll keep checking back in with me!

2 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

Thanks for the kind words about my review. Another one will be in your inbox by Monday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!!!!!!

I'll send Gret a Happy B-day tomorrow.

Sounds like you are very busy but having a great time at it!

Keep us posted!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Happy Birthday Gret. Mom already got hers on the last post.

Glad to see you are having fun, Dee. Make the most of it. Sorry about the King's Feast.

Catch a few for me. Loved fishing. Great time to relax and reflect. I catch and release but haven't been in years. I used to go all the time with my grandson. We lived right on a lake at that time.