Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day Two - Goody Room


Had to dash back to the room to drop off all of the goodies I just picked up! Oh my lands, that room is just packed full of freebies, including BOOKS, bookmarks, games, keychains, pens and CHOCOLATE. I adore the writers that add a little bit of the dark stuff. :)

Here's a pic of my stash from the first pass of the room. The books I grabbed this time around are:

got the look, James Grippando
There Goes The Bride, Lori Wilde
Bitten & Smitten, Michelle Rowan
Garden Spells, Sarah Addison Allen
Breaking Free, Lauraine Snelling
Late Night Talking, Leslie Schnur
The Winter Rose, Jennifer Donnelly
The Blue Zone, Andrew Gross
Mad Dash, Patricia Gaffney


Also, there were a bunch of excerpts, and I picked those up as well. Also, for learning craft, I got "Secrets, The Best in Women's Erotic Romance" even though I don't write erotic, or anything like erotic. I thought it would be interesting to see how it's done. Plus, they had Volumes 1-15, so I grabbed two of them. I'm sending one to Charity, even though she doesn't write erotic either. Never hurts to have research books available.

Now I'm heading back downstairs, to see how many new people I can meet!

I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun and enjoy youreslf.

STOP dissing your writing and your experience and your confidence. You Write, You review, and you deserve to be there. So, ENJOY!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Have a piece of dark chocolate and take a CB moment.

Marcia in OK

shane said...

Agreed.

Read books, have drinks, explore the whimsical eccentricities of your new friends' imaginations – but most of all, just relax. You've proven your talent with the excerpts from your own work. You've proven your professionalism with the quality of your book reviews. You've proven your dedication through long hours at the keyboard. You are a writer. You are part of the crowd that others traveled to Dallas to see. Enjoy the experience. Drink in the environment and savor it like the first taste of wine after a particularly satisfying... um, book.

Love you babe,
Shane

dee said...

You need to stop making me cry - I'm ruining my make-up.
I love you MORE!
Always,
dee

Cherry Red said...

Dee,

I didn't know you were going to National! Good for you. Have a great time. Hopefully you'll go next year so I can give you a great big hug in person.

Kim:)

danetteb said...

Thanks for the RWA updates Dee...You got me wishing I was there.*g*
Hugs, Danette

Michelle said...

Look at those goodies!!!
I'm drooling over the journal & workshop notes. Ugh, I can't believe I'm missing it. But I'm doing very important things here, like lying around making organs and toes and things like that.

YOU, on the other hand, have very important work out there and YES something big is bound to come your way. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

A room with free books and your favorite authors....
Oh my Bob, now THAT is a party.
Enjoy yourself!

I'll catch up next week. Off to see MAX!