Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm really HERE...


Here I am, at RWA Nationals in Dallas, Texas. The conference doesn't "officially" start until tomorrow, but RSS, Kathy Mix and I got here earlier today. We wanted to get settled in and scope things out.

I won't bore you with details of my VERY early morning after the VERY late night. I won't chronicle how at 10:15 I had firmly decided NOT to attend, due to a sobbing seven year old. I won't even explain how I possibly caused bad relations with the Brits because I think I may have snored, VERY loud, on the plane.

What I will do is tell you that this place is amazing. We've been here for a few hours and already I'm overwhelmed. But in a good way. I've met some of the nicest people, including Maureen Child. Maureen immediately took the voice of my friend BCB, who has told me for the past year that I'm a WRITER, and has been great at encouraging me. I'll be looking for Maureen in the bar, which is where I've been instructed to hang out in order to meet new people. (Honey, if you're reading this - it's TOTALLY for research. I'll only be drinking cranberry juice. Really!)

I'm going to try to blog a LOT this week. Ask your questions, tell me which authors I should seek out, let me know what you want to hear. Tell it to me in the comments.

2 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

I want a pic of Kristan and you having my drink!!! I want her autograph. I want you to squee at her for me!!!! I want to be there and I'm stuck in a wasteland LOL

Have Fun Be Safe!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

If you run into Lani Diane Rich say Hi for me. Have a great time and give my love to Robin. Be safe.

Penny