Saturday, May 12, 2007

Did you ever...

just want to lay down in your bed and sleep until you woke up naturally, without the aid of an alarm clock, nudge from a spouse, or persistent shakes from a hungry child? That is ME today.

I have no real reason to be so tired. Unless you count that I did not get to sleep until after 3am. Then got out of bed and on the road at 7am. My body is begging for rest, but my mind just won't shut off. Ever have days like that?

I think a big part of it is that my story is just brewing, and bubbling, and boiling over. I'm at a point in my DLD draft that is tough, but it seems to be working. I don't really know if it actually is working or not yet. I won't really know until I get beyond this part and finish the whole thing, then go back and see what I've got. But right now, it just seems to be flowing.

I tried to read a book today, but I couldn't concentrate on the story. My mind kept going through the last scene I wrote, picking it apart and piecing it back together, filling in some blanks that I'd left, and setting things up for another scene. That's a really weird thing for me, not being able to read. Generally, nothing can stop me from reading. I have a book with me almost all the time. I read at stoplights, I read in the tub, I read in bed, I read while the kids watch tv, I read outside, I read at my desk, I read at work on my breaks. I read. That's what I enjoy doing, and why I used to post so many book reviews. However, either I'm picking the wrong books these days or my head is just too into my own story to try to make sense of another one. No clue.

Thanks for the new blog updates, Sheri and Michelle. Amy, it's an honor to have you come here and comment. Charity, you know I love you! Thanks for the new post. And to that sweet young man that commented on my last post, my hat is tipped to you (Do women tip their hats? No? Well, you know what I mean!).

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I'm really not sure how I feel about that right now. I have no idea if my children and The Man have gifts for me. I really don't care. No, I mean that. I'm one of those people that just really hate the idea of a designated day to give gifts. I wasn't always like that, but I find it more and more as the years pass. Tomorrow will be hard in some ways, but you guys probably know that already. It will also bring joy, because I am a mom and I've got some really great kids.

I'll let you know how things go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Dee. I hope you get the rest you crave.

I wanted to let you know that you really got me thinking when you asked if I had written anything for MAX!
I went to the blog I had created, blew the dust out, lit some candles(the electricity had been turned off due to neglect)and looked around for the old typewriter.
Lo and Behold- it still worked!
So I am now a blogger once again, and I shall keep at it. Seriously
And Thanks...more than you will ever know.

Chari-Dee said...

Hey, I'm dead on my feet, just blog hopping before hitting the hay. Had a great day spent OUTSIDE, finally NO RAIN!!! So, I'm ready to crash.

Just wanted to say HAPPY MOTHER's DAY! Have a great one. Give the kids hugs from me. And you and Shane, too.

Luvs

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day! I don't like the gift thing either . . . unless they're handmade type things. Spent the day hugging my little one, but I really wanted to stay under the sheets for most of it. I can want to be a mom and want to hide from being a mom at the same time once in a while, can't I?