Friday, May 11, 2007

Where is everyone?

Ok, this is really just a RANT post, so feel free to ignore it if you want. You are perfectly welcome to read one of the excerpts from my current WIP, but please, for the love of God and all that's holy, if you read it... please comment. Just your thoughts. Either tell me you hate it or that it needs a lot of work or that it totally sucks, or that Glory annoys you, or that Granny Grace is a punk, or SOMETHING. But let me know, ok?

Now for the reason I'm ranting... Well, I won't tell you all of it. But part of it has to do with some of my blogging friends. See, they hardly ever blog. And that's bugging me to bits this month. Because all I have time to read is blogs, or something online. And nobody will post anything new. Very, very frustrating.

I've been writing like a fiend lately, going way more than I did during Nano, even. If you remember, I was doing about 3000 words a day during Nano. It's been like that again, but even more. Totally insane. My wrists are throbbing most nights, between the laptop and the trays at work. But it's such a good throb that I can't even complain.

I take short breaks while I'm writing, just to give my hands a pause. Generally, I want to read what's been up with YOU guys. So I click on my links (updated now, did you notice?) and see... nothing new. With the possible exception of Amy, who earned her place as the Spring Highlight because I've been loving the stuff she's put up lately, most of you guys*** are really blog-slackers. For some of you, it has been literally MONTHS since you've posted anything new. For others, only weeks. Ok, and Charity FINALLY posted something new yesterday, after a whole week (But hers are really worth waiting for, so I won't scream too loud. Plus, she's had the stomach flu, so I guess she's got an excuse).

Who am I to complain, when there have been stretches of time that I've also been a blogging slacker? And in fact, I *am* a blogging slacker right now, if you check out the review blog (but that's because I've been so busy WRITING that I haven't even READ anything in weeks, but that's another blog altogether). Well, I am the person that is trying to finish a book, and needs some contact with the outside world while I'm doing it.

So, for me, pretty please... if you're in my links, please update your blogs. Because I miss you. And I want to know what you've been doing. But mainly, because I need something new to read while my wrists rest, ok?

Help a chick out here, will you?


*** Ok, short disclaimer here... In all fairness, there are a few of you that have been posting on a semi-regular basis, like Laura Florand and JenT, and Michelle Hulse and ZaZa. So if anyone else wants to read some really awesome posts, go click one of those four people, ok?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, I HAVE felt like such a slacker lately, because I'm used to posting every day or at least every other day, and the blog is totally getting away from me. What's my excuse? I'm not reading (poor Laura's book is sitting on my nightstand STILL unfinished) and I'm not writing much lately either. I bookmarked your last post yesterday so I could read it when I had a moment to actually process it. Hopefully things will slow down here and I can catch up soon.

But, I'm SO glad you're getting time to write so much lately. It feels great, doesn't it? (hint to self)

amy said...

Thank you, Dee, I'm honored. :-) If I posted less often on the blog I'd probably get more writing done, but I have all these thoughts rattling around in my head, and I have to get them out before I can settle down to my other writing. That's my excuse, anyway. Definitely not procrastination.

And me, I'm reading the excerpts, but I have a hard time commenting on small pieces of larger writing. I'm a big picture sort of girl, I guess. But--thank you for sharing your wip. I did that on my blog during NaNo, but the new one is rather closely held, lest it disappear on me...

Chari-Dee said...

sotto voice *Bitchbitchbitch, that's all you do* :) I'm kidding of course. I loves ya babe, and thanks for excusing me. I didn't think any one would want to read about the sickness. Because I could go into some pretty serious details (yuck!)

I'm planning on posting again later today, so chill babe!!!! Love your pic up there, too. You seem to be thinking awfully hard, what is it that was on your mind when you took that?

Andrew said...

Just stopped in via the next blog button. I understand how you feel when my blogging friends sometimes take days to update and I update everyday sometimes multiple times a day. It can be frustrating. Take care and I have bookmarked you and will comment often to help out a fellow blogger.

Sincerely,
Andrew in Alabama
The 4th Avenue Blues

Sheri said...

Ok ok already! I posted a blog--actually I updated BOTH of my blogs--AND I posted a comment here! Are you satisfied now?! Geez, some people just complain, complain, complain.... *grin* Actually, I wrote my blogs before I visited here--looks like it was a good thing I did! I have been slacking lately--too much stress in my life right now. But it will get better--it always does. And how did I miss the fact that you posted some of your WIP? Going back into the archives now...