Sunday, May 06, 2007

Down to the wire

It feels like I'm down to the wire with my writing right now. If any of you have been in this situation before, maybe you can help me out.

I have been working on my current story since November. It has changed quite a bit since I started it, and I think that's a really good thing. I feel these ideas flowing through me lately, and I sometimes can't even sleep unless I get out of bed and write them down. I'm totally loving this, I have to admit!

However, I have a self-imposed deadline looming, and I'm getting kinda nervous. I'd like to have this story done by July. I'm heading to Dallas for RWA Nationals in July, and I'm going to be meeting Charity there. As she's my critique partner, I'd like to be able to hand her a completed ms when I see her.

What does this mean to me right now? Well, I've only got about 7 weeks left to write this story. Now, I've been writing it for quite a few months, but I've changed it lots and lots. Still though, the main conflict isn't going to change. But do I have enough time to finish it, or am I setting myself up for failure?

I do know that, as far as plans go, I plan on spending my time at Nats learning about pitching, and publishing, and all of the 'business' stuff that I'm pretty much clueless about. Then, I hope to have my WIP ready to pitch in Jersey. That's the plan.

Some of you are writers. Some of you have done this before. Is it possible, or am I just dreaming?

1 comment:

Jude said...

I think you can do it!

But either way, have fun at National! I look forward to your posts. :) I have added your blog to the blogroll for Blogging National.