Thursday, June 15, 2006

And she's OFFFFFFFFF!!!

That's right, I'm outta here, guys and dolls.

I am heading off to the beach now, with my friend Kim. Today has already started out on a bad note. If you know me, you know how much I HATE leaving my home, but how much I really NEED to get away sometimes. That about sums it up for this trip.

I've had a really wacky few months since Vegas. Vegas was mentally and emotionally necessary for me, as I felt so burned out that I couldn't even see straight. Coming home was good, because I'd missed the fam, but it was also hard for me. Then all the wackiness, and work, and now I'm balancing on the edge of totally fried again, hoping against hope that I make it to the ocean in time to calm the panic in my chest.

Here's a secret that a few of you already know. I'm really part mermaid. No, I'm not joking. There is part of my very soul that belongs in the ocean. That part of me rebels when I am forced to spend too long away from salt water. That's how I've been feeling lately. I lovelovelove our farm. It's perfect for the kids. But it's really hell on my mermaid parts.

I can't explain all of this well right now. Kim just showed up, and I need to load my bags. But I will get to it in my next post, from Virginia Beach.

Bye now, friends!

3 comments:

Cherry Red said...

Enjoy your trip little Mermaid!

Kim:)

Chari-Dee said...

Have Fun Chick-A-DEE! Relax and Refresh! Enjoy your time! Take lots of pictures and then rub our noses in it! :)

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Have a relaxing time, Dee. I hope you get to swim with the dolphins. I still see that at night before I go to sleep. Such a lovely thought.

My DH bought me a watch the other day that has dolphins on the strap. It is really pretty.

Hope you have fun.
Penny
(scope dope cherrybomb)