Monday, June 26, 2006

No more hiding!

Shane told me last night that he feels like I have two different lives. There is the "Denise" that he's married to, the mom of all those kids, the person that cooks breakfast at church, and does errands when I'm not up at the restaurant. Then there is "Dee", the writer that reads all the time, studies writing, blogs...

I've only read ONE blog entry to him. He's never asked about it, so I never volunteered. I think I sort of liked that feeling of separateness to the two different parts of my life. I never put anything on this blog that I wouldn't mind my husband reading, but still...

So he googled me the other night. And found my blog. And read it. And then gave me suggestions about future posts.

It was a little weird, and a lot unsettling. I don't even know why. I just felt like my two worlds were no longer self-contained. That probably sounds stupid, but I'm hoping that a few of you understand what I mean, and can give me some pointers on how to deal with this. I guess that I just feel like my writing is such a private thing, but then again, I'm considering trying to get it published. So I guess I need to get over that one, huh?

And Shane, if you are reading this, PLEASE don't think I want you to stop reading my blog. It was just weird for me to think about you reading it, that's all. I don't mind, not one little bit. As long as you don't tell me what to blog about, we're all good. Otherwise, it feels too much like a writing assignment. And I hate writing assignments. I never did get those chips from Kel, because I never described what they taste like. How dumb is that?

*****Oh, and one last thing. This is an add-on, but I had to put it in here. SHANE, if you come check out my blog, I'd really appreciate it if you make some comments, ok? If you're going to be here, then really be here, y'know?

3 comments:

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Good advice, glamour geek.

I guess I look at it differently. I always share what I have written with DH. He is a good sounding board and often gives me good advice. He doesn't tell me what to write, which is what I think you are afraid of, but just gives me support. Maybe if you explain to Shane what you feel then it will work for both of you.

Chari-Dee said...

You know, my hubby has only read two of my blog posts. I didn't set out for it to be a secret, he knows about the blog and has seen me posting, but he never has really asked me to read it. And I don't think it's that he isn't interested, I think it's more that he understands that for now, I need to have this just for me. We share every aspect of our lives and, being a stay at home mommy and wife and daughter and sister, takes a lot of time and energy, he understands that the blog and my writing is just my way of having a small slice of the world that is just mine.

Should my WIP ever get to the stages where I want to start submitting it, then he'll definitely read it, but for now, he lets me have my writing (in all forms) to myself. But now that I see how Shane feels about your blog and stuff, I think I'll ask DH about it too.

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Just posted something new for you on my blog. I love this piece. It was published in a small community newspaper for their mother's day article and again in another small paper. Never having received money for it it is still mine. Let me know what you think.
Penny
WE REGISTERED FOR NEW JERSEY!!!!