Monday, May 15, 2006

Lazy Monday

I have nothing to say, really. I have no idea why I am posting this blog. I am tired and i want to be sleeping.

Shane is home all this week. I made him take a week off. He was really starting to worry me, and that's never a good thing. Right now, he's on his way up to DC to teach his hacker class. It still makes me laugh to think that I'm married to some computer geek hacker that is also one of the sexiest men I've ever seen. But hey, it's MY life, and I'm really diggin it right now.

I started re-working my WIP today. I mentioned that I was going to make some changed last week. Well, I gave myself the weekend to let that gel, and I just really feel it has to be done. I'm not going to make an effort to define this book yet, or to try to classify it into a genre. I just want to get the story told.

Over the next few weeks, I will be concentrating on reading instead of writing. I have a stack of books on writing styles and techniques, plus I just got Bob Mayer's "Toolkit" on Saturday. I plan on spending some time to learn what common mistakes I've been making, and learn how to correct them. I also plan on being much more diligent in my writing. I really enjoy spending the time at my keyboard, and it will be good for me to be here more. Here meaning at the keyboard, not HERE meaning at blogger. Blogger is a giant time snatcher, almost as addictive to me as books.

Man, for not having anything to say, I sure managed to spew a lot of crap, didn't I? Yeah, well, suck it up. If you don't want to read it, stop coming here! (Just kiddng. you know I love it that you're here)

Now get out of here and get to work on your OWN stories. I'm almost out of books to read already!!

2 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

Yeah, I know, I really need to work on my own story, I finally have the opening line to Chapter 2 and haven't written it yet, lol. I keep turning it around and around in my head. At the rate I'm writing I'll have the book finished in 2009. MUST. GET. SERIOUS.

dee said...

Looks like the comment thing is working now.

Charity, you are a great writer. Spend some time on your WIP this week. Decide how much time you want to spend on it weekly, post it on your blog, and we can help each other.