Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Livin' the Dream (as Bob would say)

Today, the first round of Cherry auctions ended over on ebay. These auctions are to benefit TheMicheleFund. Michele is one of Jenny Crusie's Cherries who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. You can read more about Michele at www.themichelefund.com . Check out her site. It's just amazing!!

I got to help out with the ebay stuff, since I am a little bit familiar with ebay. Ok, I'm REALLY familiar. I buy my kids play clothes there each new season. I pay for those clothes by selling off their old clothes. I also generally buy most of their Christmas gifts there. I've also bought power tools for my husband, golf clubs, more books than I need, a laptop for my brother, digital camera accesories... you get the picture. Last year, I financed our spending money for vacation by cleaning out my closets. I LOVE EBAY. So I was glad to be able to help.

The auctions were headed up by Robin LaFevers. Robin is an amazing woman. She is generous and funny, considerate and charming, and very very patient. Well, she's a Cherry, so that's not unusual, right? The last few weeks, we've been getting stuff listed and watching the auctions. Today, all of that work paid off in a BIG way.

When the auctions were finally over, I checked the totals and just started crying. I won't post the totals yet, in case Robin hasn't told Michele and wants to surprise her. But I will tell you that it was beyond my most hopefully wild dreams. I am gushing to anyone and everyone that will listen. So of course, I had to blog it, right?

There are still more auctions over at ebay. Go to ebay and search "CherriesTMF" to see the whole list. Right now there are books, critiques, jewelry, a pool cue with WTT, a skateboard deck, and hats/scarves handmade by Jenny Crusie herself. There will be more stuff added, and this may be an ongoing thing for a while. With as generous as the Cherries are, I know that this will be helpful to Michele.

You guys are just so freakin amazing, I don't know what else to say.

So yeah, I'm livin the dream. And lovin every minute of it!

3 comments:

Cherry Red said...

Hey Dee,

We couldn't have done it without your e-bay expertise and your wonderful generous spirit. It's amazing what a group of women can accomplish when they put thier minds to it.

Robin totally blew me away too. When she suggested we do a fundraiser I don't think any of us thought it would turn out so well. I know Michele will be very pleased.

Thank you again *so* much.

Hugs,
Kim:)

djr said...

Hi Dee:
I would LOVE for you to get J & B to sign something for me. Let me know how you want to arrange this. I can send money to you for you to buy the books and ship them back. I can have books shipped directly to you (with money for you to ship them back. Or whatever.

Thank you, thank you thank you.
Donna
djr1215@cox.net

Toni Anderson said...

Must check that out! Cherries are an awesome bunch. So sorry Michele has cancer. Finger's crossed and lots of love support and positive thinking going her way.