Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Job

First, let me direct you to Kel's new blog, over at http://everydaybabbles.blogspot.com/ She's going to get into her bodybuilding stuff now that her college term is over for a few weeks. If you get the chance, head over there and give her some encouragement. I know she'll appreciate it!!

Second, I'm sending a "Poor Baby" out to Charity's (http://dreamerbecomesdoer.blogspot.com/ ) son. The poor lil' guy missed his class trip to the WaterPark today, because he was sick. He's been looking forward to it for a while, so he was really disappointed. Char, being the GOOD MOMMY that she is, has promised to take him later in the summer. Send a "Poor Baby" to Charity too, since she was home with two sick babies today. Of course, she got all that couch snuggle time, so she's not hurting too bad!

Also, Lorraine ( http://dogfeathers.blogspot.com/ ) has some crazy people hangin' out in her head. She's a writer, so what can you expect. But seriously, I love checking in with her every day. If you're a just-starting-ou-in-the-biz writer (like *I* am), it's full of great hints and encouragement.

And if any of you have heard from Cherry Red http://cherryredwriter.blogspot.com/ lately, tell her I miss her blogs!

Those are the four non-commercial MUST READs for me every day. Those are the ones that I click on at least twice a day, just to see if they have anything new. Check them out sometime. I know you'll like them as much as I do. Ok, now that I've sent out cyber-love to my favorite bloggers, I guess I can get on with this post.

I started a part time job today. I'm back in the restaurant biz, at one of those right off the interstate places that serves home cooked, Southern style food. I really needed to get this job. First, we're poor right now. Yes, my man makes really good money. But we're carrying two mortgages right now, and it's about to kill us. We still haven't rented out our second house, and it's a lot harder to make that second payment than I thought it would be. Second, I really needed to get out of my house for a few hours a week. I adore my kids, and I wouldn't want them gone on a regular basis. There's no way they're going to school or anything. Yet, I really feel like I need this as a sanity check. This is actually the longest I've ever gone without having some sort of PT job. I haven't worked outside the home at all in over a year. That's just way too long to be cooped up alone with my kids.

Tonight was training for me. Well, we also got to eat, and that's never a bad thing. I think I'm gonna like this place. They are very understanding about the hours that I can work, they have a decent promotion package, if I stick around that long, and it's fairly close to my house. Plus, as with any restaurant job, you get cash money to take home with you every night you work. That's the bonus.

Paychecks will go into my savings account and cash will go into my pocket. The plan, for me, is to use my cash for all the stuff that I do with the kids. Usually, that takes a chunk out of Shane's paycheck, so this will help.

So, in review, I got a new job, in a food place. I'm going to be saving my checks, and spending my cash. I will also be eating more biscuits, so remind me to keep working out, ok?

Now go check out those blogs that are linked here. Be sure to leave some comments. If you have a blog, you know how nice it is when people leave comments for you. It's nice to see your hit counter go up, but it's even better when people take the time to say they read what you wrote.

Go on, click the links and check those blogs. You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

Thanks for the link chick-a-dee!! And double thanks for the Poor Baby.

He is indeed a Poor Baby as it looks like (and I'll be blogging on this in a few)either measles or chicken pox. He's been vaccinated for both so, I think probably 3 day measles.

Have fun on the new gig. I love to waitress. Those are my favorite kinds of jobs - the ones where you get out for a bit and get to encounter all kinds of different people. And, all the running around filling up people's drinks and such will take care of any biscuts you may eat. Double Bonus ;)

And again, thanks for the link!!!

Cherry Red said...

Awww, you say the sweetest things! Thanks for thinking of me.

I'm so impressed by all the great ideas you have for your blog posts. I'm going to steal some of your themes--not your content, plagiarism ain't my thing--when I want to blog but can't come up with stuff to say.

I especially like your post about the last 5 years of your life (inspired by your 5 year old's birthday) and your list of stuff you always wanted to do/things you were able to cross off that list.

If I had as many ideas as you I might be able to pre-plot my novels. Mostly I just have a bunch of characters hanging around and tormenting me because they have nothing to do.