Friday, May 12, 2006

Unexpected Treasures

You know how good it feels when November rolls around, the weather starts getting cooler, you pull your coat out of the closet for the first time, stuff your hands deep into your pockets and pull out $20 that you totally forgot you had in there? That was the past few days for me!!

Yesterday, I got my wonderful Cherry purse, filled with Cherry goodies in the mail. I won it on ebay. I have to tell you, it was really beyond wonderful. There was so much more stuff in that box than I expected. I was overwhelmed. The chocolate alone was heaven. Now I have something perfectly Cherry to take with me tomorrow when I head up to Baltimore for the book signing. Thank you so much!!

Also yesterday, we got a box from Robin LaFevers. If you've never heard of Robin, you are missing out! Robin was in charge of the first two rounds of the Michele Fund auction. (You remember that ebay auction, right? The same one where I won the Cherry purse? Well, I got to help organize the ebay listing part. We raised over $5000 for Michele and her family. Go check out www.themichelefund.com RIGHT NOW, ok?) Well, Robin wanted to thank my kids for being so wonderful while I spent a bit of time on the computer listing things, so she sent them the books that she's written for children. We got four totally gorgeous hardbacks yesterday. Robin personally inscribed each of the four books to my children. I really was speechless when I saw them. If you know me, you know how hard it is to make me speechless. Robin did it. I started reading The Falconmaster last night, just to see what it's like. I LOVE IT! If you have kids that enjoy fantasy type stories, they will adore these books. Go to your local bookstore and buy them today. I'm not kidding. Get off your computer and go RIGHT NOW!!

Today, I got another package in the mail. YES, my MicheleFund ebay acution won copy of "Flirting with Pride and Prejudice" got here. It is signed by Alesia Holliday. That was the real kicker for me. I enjoy Alesia's blog over at www.literarychicks.com so much (Alesia has her own "Navy Guy", and talks about him all the time, so I feel a certain kinship!), and she's such a helpful Cherry, that when I saw that she was autographing it, I just HAD to bid on it. I have to admit, I got a little crazy. I know you can buy the book at Amazon for about $10. But hey, this was for Michele, and Alesia was signing it, so I went a teensy bit over $10. Of course, I told Shane it was around $50, and he didn't kill me, so we'll just leave it at that, ok? Alesia was sooooo sweet in her inscription, even saying that I was "amazing". Now tell me: WHO is the amazing one? The geek that punched in stuff for ebay listings, or the wonderful author that writes great books? Yeah, I agree, ALESIA is the amazing one. Of course, she didn't stop with just the inscription. I also got a copy of "Blondes Have More Felons" from her, also inscribed, that I did NOT order, but already LOVE. And two bookmarks, that Maggie and Emile have already tried to swipe. And a cute little card. PLUS the P&P book got here in time for me to take it up to Baltimore and have Jenny sign it as well. It really couldn't get any better than that!

So, you have to do three things, according to this blogger:
1) Go check out www.themichelefund.com
2) Go check out Alesia's blogs (well, all of them, really) at www.literarychicks.com
3) Go to the bookstore and buy all of the books by R. L. LaFevers

You can post your comments and tell me when you have completed these missions.

Trust me, you'll feel even better than you do when you find that $20 in your pocket!!

2 comments:

Cherry Red said...

So, you have to do three things, according to this blogger:
1) Go check out www.themichelefund.com


Excellent site isn't it? :) Say, Dee. Did you know that the Michelefund is having another auction in late summer? A mostly craft auction this time. That's where you're supposed to step in and say, "No, Kim. I hadn't heard about that." ;)

2) Go check out Alesia's blogs (well, all of them, really) at www.literarychicks.com

I really enjoy that blog! ANd how nice of Aleia to include extra goodies.

3) Go to the bookstore and buy all of the books by R. L. LaFevers

I already own them. ;P
Sorry. In a silly mood tonight. REALLY sleepy from these early morning workouts. Accomplished everything from my list but one critique from Thursday. Will make it up this weekend.

You have a great time this weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Kim:)

Alyssa Day said...

Dee, you really ARE the amazing one!! I'm so glad my books got there and hope you enjoy the "bonus" book, too! :) And I'm thrilled that you got Jenny to sign it, too.
hugs,
Alesia, off to Daytona for RT