Friday, May 19, 2006

Relay For Life

This is just a short blog today. I have so much stuff going on that I should actually be on the road already.

This morning, I had computer training at the new job. This was only supposed to take about 2 hours, but it took more like 3.5. Ugh!

Then I headed back home to catch up on stuff and make sure my kids ate lunch. Shane is at the golf course, and the weather is getting blecky. Right now, I'm frantic that he's going to be late, and we're going to get out of here late. I still need to stop at the store. Yikes, time is running out fast.

Tonight, our youth group is participating in RELAY FOR LIFE. If you've never heard of this, google it, because I don't have time to look up a link. Basically, it's a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Everyone is gathering at the high school (the one in my OLD county, 45 mins from my house), setting up tents, and walking around the track all night. They have special laps for different things. My two oldest girls are donating their beautiful tresses to Locks of Love. We're all very excited.

I'm a bit worried about the weather. It might storm. This would be bad, because I'll have all 6 of my wee ones with me, and they don't really like COLD things. Hopefully, the weather will be kind to us.

On a special note, our family has purchased a LUMINARIA for Michele, my Cherry friend that was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. You can read more about Michele at her site www.themichelefund.com, or over at Cherry Red's site cherryredwriter.blogspot.com

We're excited to be able to do this, even though we don't know Michele personally. The teens are totally psyched about the money that they've raised. My kids are thrilled to be able to spend a night outside with the youth group.

Keep us in your prayers, send happy thoughts our way, pass on your good vibes...whatever it is that you do, do it in full force for us tonight. Keep your eyes on the weather channel and hope that the rain stays away from that little section of Virginia near the Potomac, halfway between DC and Richmond.

Man I wish I was having Alesia Holliday's weather in Daytona right now!!http://www.literarychicks.com/

3 comments:

Chari-Dee said...

Sending prayers that the weather stays nice while you are out in it!

How wonderful of your girls. Our friends daughter just did that, 10 inches went to LOL and I think it is awesome.

Have fun tonight. You are doing a good thing.

Cherry Red said...

Good luck with the new job. I'm sure you'll do great. Restaurant work is hard work, but it can be very enjoyable. I've done it too. :)

I think it's so wonderful that you are teaching your kids to help others and I know Michele is insanely touched about your tribute to her. I know I am. I'l be sure to remind her to check out your blog.

Looking good, BTW.

Hugs,
Kim

Wigged Out said...

First of all, good luck at your new job! I'm sure you'll be great and they're lucky to have you.

And thanks for the very nice mention of my blog. You're too sweet.